How We Can Help You
CCA primarily focuses on working within the not-for-profit, government and academic sectors, with action research and development projects applying complexity science principles, methods and approaches to social good. We focus on research becoming practice, learning from doing, making sense of complexity accessible and understandable. For this, co-creation and collaboration with all involved in any project are fundamental principles.
There are Cynefin Centre flagship research programs into healthcare; education; climate change; power, discrimination and conflict; citizen engagement and democratic innovation. In CC Australia, we are explicitly focused on the integration and application of indigenous knowledge to complex issues, building complexity literacy for grass roots community activation, and the development and implementation of consultation and engagement processes using complexity based methods and processes that ensure equity in access and participation, sovereignty of data and decision making, and transparency of evaluation and results.
More About Us
Cynefin Centre Australia
Upcoming events in partnership with Complexability Pty Ltd and Indigenous Knowledge Systems Lab (Deakin University)
- The fourth Yarn in the Re-emergence: Complexity Yarns with Indigenous Thinkers series of Yarns with perspectives from Wales, Australia and New Zealand
- Complexity in Action: A series of virtual events highlighting the application of complexity tools and methods used in a range of projects by Australian and International practitioners
- Cynefin Centre Social Research and Learning in Action: a series of face-to-face and hybrid events including Dave Snowden and Beth Smith from The Cynefin Co with a focus on citizen engagement, large systems complex facilitation, Indigenous knowledge, climate change and sustainability and complexity based policy development
- 8 December 2021 - The third Yarn in the Re-emergence: Complexity Yarns with Indigenous Thinkers series of Yarns with perspectives from Wales, Australia and New Zealand
- 16 December 2021 - Making Choices About Water: How, as leaders in our fields, can we foster a culture between us that creates better choices for water in 2022?